An introduction to the Landmark Partner opportunity written by Bob Edwards FCCA.
No person is an island and in much the same vein, no advisor – or at least none that I have met – has all the skills required to meet every possible problem presented by clients. At some time in our careers, we will all need the help of a specialist firm. There are chat forums where ideas can be exchanged. Most practitioners will be familiar with the Accounting Web for example. The problem with these, in my experience, is that most contributors are cloaked behind pseudonyms and it is sometimes difficult to sort good from bad advice.
Promote your services to our network of accountants
Landmark has a contact network of approaching 4,000 accountancy firms. From time to time I have been asked to recommend specialist advisors to accountancy practitioners which I have been pleased to do. This activity has encouraged me to believe that a one-stop facility, where accountants can track down the skills or second opinions they need, would be welcomed. The launch of the Landmark Partner page on our website is my attempt to provide this. To be clear, this facility will promote your specialist services to accountancy practitioners, and not to the wider business community.
Benefits and features of the Landmark Partner Program
- Landmark’s 4,000 strong contact list of accountancy practitioners will be advised periodically of firms featured on the Partner page.
- Featured firms can contribute articles to the Landmark Blog. I recommend that these articles focus on a specific area of advice that is offered.
- Articles by partner firms will include link-backs to the writer’s website and other contact details.
- Partner firms can pre-select the areas of expertise that they offer professional colleagues when they sign up.
- As well as the advertising block on the Partner page, subscribing firms also have a linked page which has more information about your firm and the services you offer. This could include testimonials from accountants who have used your services in the past.
- We will publish monthly global stats regarding web traffic to the Partner page taken from our Google Analytics’ data.
Does your practice fit the Landmark Partner profile?
Ideally your practice should specialise in one of the key areas listed below. Accountancy firms who need advice will be looking for evidence that you have a proven track record and the easiest way to demonstrate this is to include one or two testimonials from practitioners who have received and appreciated your advice in the recent past.
Categories you could advertise services to accountants on our Partner page
- Business tax planning
- Personal tax planning
- Money Laundering Regulations
- Practice Marketing
- Property tax planning
- Estate planning
- R&D tax credits
- Capital Allowances
- HMRC investigations
Frequently asked questions about advertising your services the Landmark partner programme
What sort of articles should you write for the Landmark blog
The articles that we publish and accredit to your firm on the Landmark blog and newsletters should demonstrate a measure of excellence in the services you want to offer to other accountancy firms. They should impress fellow practitioners and inspire confidence that you can deliver what they need without necessarily spelling out how you would achieve the expected result. For example, a simple way to achieve this would be to outline actual case studies (without disclosing any personal information). Ideally, the copy should be no more than 500 words.
How much does it cost to feature on the Landmark Partner page?
Initially, and in order to encourage participation and develop gravitas for the page, I am only charging a nominal fee to participate: £150 plus VAT per quarter or an annual fee of £480 plus VAT.
I will review these costs autumn 2019 when we have evidence that the idea has legs and partner firms are winning new business as a direct result of their participation. If you need further information, please call me any time (M) 07879 896073 (E) email@example.com or visit the Partner Page on our website.
Act now to advertise services to our network of accountancy firms
Your firm’s position on the Partner page will depend on the date of your registration.
Basically, the advertising blocks will rank from top left to bottom right.
Accordingly, early bird subscribers will remain towards the top of the webpage as long as they maintain their subscription.