It seems self-evident that the shake-out from the coronavirus outbreak will include higher unemployment. We can already see this as vulnerable industries start to reduce their workforces.
Many of those affected in this way will find it difficult to find new employment as the demand in their industry sectors may be depressed for some time.
The evidence from previous spikes in job losses seems to indicate that many individuals will be wary of placing all their eggs – for earnings – in one basket and may instead consider setting up their own business.
August 2020 resources include
In more detail you will have access to:
- Business Start-up booklet – an accessible, informative booklet that sets out key issues to be addressed when setting up in business. Easily branded for your practice. No copyright restrictions.
- A number of draft emails – use these to contact your staff, clients, referral sources and local voluntary organisations.
- Website brief – suggested layout and content for a Business Start-Up page on your website. This would be the page to direct traffic from social media and email campaigns.
- An implementation check list – suggested plan of action to make best use of our Business Start-up materials.
- Your 10-minute task for August 2020…