The announcement that the CJRS support program will close at the end of October, and more importantly, that employers will be required to pay a progressive contribution to covering the payroll costs for hours not worked, should be a wake-up call for practitioners.
Planning to accommodate these changes will now be a critical concern for business clients with staff on the CJRS scheme.
To assist you in dealing with this matter the July 2020 support materials include the following components:
New resources added for July
In more detail you will have access to:
- An Excel planning tool – a what-if planning tool that you can use online with clients to help resolve their current anxieties, particularly, what combination of staff and other resources are required in order to cope in the post-COVID economy.
- A workbook – explains how to use the planning tool.
- A Client Report – send this to clients who have staff furloughed under the CJRS.
- A staff update – introduce the planning tool to your staff and underline the importance of the forthcoming changes and the service you will be offering to clients.
- An implementation check list – suggested plan of action to set up initial and outgoing support sessions with clients.
New Fee Builder features included from 1 July 2020
We have added two new features to Fee Builder this month:
- A 10-minute task – each month we will now set a simple 10 minute task to demonstrate that you can take small steps to implement and reap the benefits of our strategies. For July, the task is to make one phone call.
- Quarterly call with our founder, Bob Edwards – Bob is offering to speak with each subscriber on any practice development matter once a quarter. This could be related to Fee Builder implementation or any other issue practitioners may want to discuss.
If you use the resources we have provided, if you identify affected clients, this will create new income for your practice and lock-in client engagement.