Lockdown has required many of us to work from home, ands whilst some of us will have experienced the challenges this presents, many will not.
This Spotlight answers questions business owners, employers and employees will have regarding the tax implications of home working. Content covers tax-free benefits and other issues for:
- Employees working from home.
- Self-employed home workers.
- Running a personal or family business from home.
- Building a home office.
- Capital Gains Tax issues.
- Send to clients home working (or staff home working). Promote review to ensure they are making the most of reliefs available.
- Send to clients who are considering investment in a garden office or garage conversion.
- Distribute to staff, to read and onward distribution to family and friends working from home.
- Use copy on website and material for social media campaigns.
Word count – 1028 words